Although the design has brought a high quality of life to humans, the benefits did not go to everyone equally.
When it comes to home furnishing, most of the furniture is designed for non-disabled bodies, therefore, disabled people have limited choices.
Lilla Elefant is a furniture brand, founded in 2020 by Industrial Designer Yesol Kim and 30 years-skilled furniture maker Peder Karlsson. They questioned and looked deep into the obstacles of people with disabilities to make their daily lives easier and more beautiful. The series of home furnishing is sophisticatedly designed and tailored to the height of the sitting people and considered their behaviors.
Designing furniture for a different body is that not only we can target our niche market in the major furniture industry, but also challenge the perception of the norm.
Peder Karlson[left]is a Swedish fine furniture carpenter with over 30 years of professional working experience based in Lund, Sweden. Yesol Kim[Right] is a South Korean industrial designer based in Lund, Sweden.
– 2022 June-July H22 City Expo, Home For life exhibition Lilla Elefant X Ikea X Tunstall X Pingday in Helsingborg, Sweden
– 2021 September- 2022 February. Universal Design exhibition Lilla Elefant X Samsung Fashion X Seoul Design Foundation in Dongdaemun Design Plaza in Seoul, South Korea
– 2021. Southern Sweden Design Days 2021 participated in Malmö, Sweden
– 2021. Granted 40,000 Swedish Kronor funding from the Disabled Enterprise Business Center, South Korea
– 2020. Lilla elefant was found